Thursday, March 17, 2011

Winter Snowball Fight Layout

Happy St. Patrick's Day, my friends!  Are you wearing green today?  Or getting pinched?  All three of my boys left for school this morning wearing Celtics jerseys (go Celts!) while my daughter wore a bright lime green tee shirt from the movie "Tangled".  I'm in green too....but I think my husband forgot.  And he's the Irish one!!  :-)

By coincidence, the layout I'm posting today is mostly green too.  I scrapped a couple of pictures I took of my middle son playing in the snow last winter.  He's my trouble-maker (you'd never know it with that cute lil' face, would you?) and no snow goes unthrown with him around.  :-)  The center photo actually shows him about to throw a snowball at me!!  I love how the photos captured the falling snow....and it was falling fast!  I used the Winter Frolic cartridge for the boy, the word art and the tag.  The top layer of the word art is glittered cardstock...so wintery.  I held off journaling until I can find the date of the photos...oops!  My new Peachy Keen 'Wide-Eyed Kids' stamps came in handy for the little guy's smiley face...I'm loving them!

Recipe
Boy, title and tag all from Cricut Winter Frolic
Scalloped square from Cricut A Child's Year (it's a tag; hid the hole with my Gypsy)
Patterned papers - DCWV Holiday stack; BasicGrey Obscure (boy's shirt)
Glittered cardstock - DCWV
Other cardstock - Recollections
Peachy Keen 'Wide-Eyed Kids' stamp set
Green Creative Memories marker; white Gelly Roll pen for stitching/doodling
Ribbon - Michael's
EK Success dimensionals for popping up title, boy and tag

I'm entering this scrapbook page into six challenges:
Always Crafting: Whimsical Wednesday - To say good-bye to winter, Stephanie's challenge is to create a winter-themed scrapbook page.
Cooking with Cricut: Challenge #21 - Green Scene - Create a project using 2 shades of green.
Get Your Sketch On #11 - Use this sketch to create a scrapbook page:
Lasting Memories: Challenge #29 - Green & White - Create a layout using the colors green and white.
My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday - Create a project using an older Cricut cartridge (I used Winter Frolic and A Child's Year) and the color green.
Pile It On: Challenge #11 - Create a project using the colors green and orange.

I hope you're all having a great St. Patrick's Day!  Enjoy!
~Sharon C.


26 comments:

Sonya said...

What a great LO!!!! I love the sketch you used. Brilliantly done! Hey--visit us sometime on the Cricut MB, we are still chatting and miss ya! Take care!!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Great layout...I love those colors and patterned paper! You know there's "one of those" (trouble makers) in every family! Love the way your PK stamp worked out..very cute!

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

That is a great layout! Thanks for entering. I LOVE the cute way the mittens are cut out on the tag and peachy keen face looks great on that boy. Great mix of patterned paper too! Good luck!

Tricia said...

Great job using the sketch - fun photos!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love your LO! It's so different. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Dalis said...

So glad you found us at Pile it On!!!! I love to see layouts and specially ones created with cricut.

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Madison said...

What a cute LO:) Very cleverly done! TFS and thanks for joining us again at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Very cute and looks like you all had a lot of fun. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Nice hitting all the challenges!

Dragonlady said...

Lovely page, great pictures. Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Besthobbyeva said...

Sharon, I love this page. I love all the colors and the little guy in the corner! I love the pictures of your son (handsome fella), I think by your description of him you captured him perfectly!!

Awesome page!

Laurie

Unknown said...

great layout I like how you turned the sketch and made it your own!

Vicky said...

cute layout I love the paper!

Aim said...

This is wonderful!! What a great take on all those challenges!! I love how you've used the two patterned papers together -- They work so well together!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Karen Wilson said...

This is an awesome LO! Those pics are great. Great take on our challenge this week and thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Helen said...

Fabulous LO!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Sue said...

Great photos and layout Sharon. No, you could never tell that that angel face would be a trouble maker... lol. I love the Cricut cuts. I've never really paid any attention to that cartridge. I love the green on the page. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Lauren said...

This is adorable! I love the little die cut throwing snowballs! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Lauren

Kim H said...

Great layout! LOVE the colors, the pictures and your son and ALL the faces! I might just have to get the Winter Frolic catridge!
tfs

BethieJ said...

FANTASTIC LO!!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO! Have a GREAT Day!

Unknown said...

OMG Sharon! I LOVE your LO! Love the colors. That font is awesome. The colors are just beautiful and love the photos. Your little guy looks so cute, and sure looks like he enjoys the snow. Thanks for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!

Jen said...

Great LO, Sharon! Love the patterned papers you chose and your pen stitching is a nice touch. Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Great Lo Sharon !
Thanks for playing with us this week at CWC
Maria Elena ~ CWC Design Team
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Roberta Guditis said...

Great layout! Love the patterned paper!
Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

~Roberta, CWC Design Team
www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

Maquel said...

Great LO! I love it! I’m a new follower---so glad MoMo sent me to your blog!!!! I have also given you a blog award!! Please head to my blog to pick it up!

http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Super cute LO. Found your blog thru MoMo. I'm a new follower. If you get a chance, please stop by my blog and if you like it, become a follower of mine too.

Thanks....Stacy
http://www.mycraftingtime.com