Today I'm sharing a layout I made for a few challenges. The one over at Exploring Cricut caught my eye. It's theme is "NO Business Like Show Business" and the project entry must be based on a movie night, concert, recital, play or based on a movie or song. So I thought about it for a few days and an idea came to me while I was driving and heard the song "Feelin' Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel on the radio. My 8 yr-old daughter is all into peace signs, hearts, flowers and butterflies these days. She has a disco ball and a lava lamp. Last week, my Mom took her to have a purple feather put into her hair. Her girlfriends seem to be following the trend as well. So I made this scrapbook page for my "Groovy Girl". I took a picture of my daughter with her new purple feather wearing her favorite purple peace shirt, but it didn't come out as I had hoped. But there's a space waiting for a better one. :-)
I based the colors (purple, green and turquoise) on the current Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday - their 100th!! I'm pretty pleased with it. The page is pretty colorful and fun...like my daughter!
I'm entering this page into 7 challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas' Challenge #54 - Recipe Challenge - Use a die-cut and fabric, feathers and/or flowers on your project. I used two big flower die-cuts and two felt butterflies on my page.
Exploring Cricut - "NO Business Like Show Business" - Create a project based on a movie night, concert, recital, play or a movie or song. I chose "Feelin' Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel.
Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge Me Monday #100 - Color challenge - Use purple, green and turquoise somewhere on your project.
Getting Scrappy Challenge - "For the Love of Bling" - Use glitter, stickles, rhinestones, etc. on your layout.
Unique Crafters Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
The Paper Variety - Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Choose 3 criteria from their tic-tac-toe grid to use on your project. I chose include stitching/create a layout/include a die-cut.
Whimsical Wednesday - "Time Flies" - Create a project which incorporates a clock or wings.
Have a great weekend!
~Sharon C.
19 comments:
Great job and thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.
I love this groovy layout. So much fun! Thank you for linking up to the Getting Scrappy Challenge.
I love this song and your layout is darling. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.
Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com
This is so fun! Super groovy! Love the great flower!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
This is a cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!
Kim
www.littleredshood.blogspot.com
this is so cute I am now a follower of linky will you please join me also. hugs
What a great layout!! I love the flower as the mat! You did a great job! Thank you for entering this at Getting Scrappy!
Teresa
GSDT
Ohhhh I love the flower double layered! Wonderful Lo! Thanks so much for joining us at the Getting Scrappy Challenge! Hope to see you again!
Lisa
GSDT
OMG, this is such a super fun layout!! I just love the your title and the big flower.. I am so happy you joined my Getting Scrappy Challenge and I hope you will join us again this Sunday..
Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)
This is fabulous!! Love the colors, the pattern paper and that great peace sign and butterfly!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)
What a fun layout. Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week--Pat N.
Fun and colorful layout!!
Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday this week.
Love your layout!
Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Oh how I love that giant groovy flower! Well done!!
Such a lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Hugs Sue W.
What a groovy layout! Thanks so much for joining the tic-tac-toe fun at The Paper Variety
Hey Sharon, good to see you around!! Awesome page, I love the feel of it, so groovy!! Can you believe this Massachusetts winter? I am loving it!!
I hope all is well.
Laurie
serenityscrappers
What a 'groovy' layout! I love the large flower and patterned paper. Thanks for playing in the Unique Crafters challenge!
Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Unique Crafters Challenges and GOOD LUCK :)
Post a Comment