Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gardening Birthday Card for my Mom...see the flowers!!

Hi everyone!  I hope you're all enjoying the weekend!!  This week was a blur....I can't believe that I haven't posted a thing since last Sunday.  But don't think I've been sitting around eating bon bons...well, maybe I've snuck a piece or two of my kids Easter candy!!  :-)  I had a very busy week at my kids' elementary school this week....a science fair, distribution of the school's literary magazine, coordinating an egg hunt and a spring breakfast in pajamas, helping sell pajama day tickets and stuffing lots of Easter goodie bags.  It's funny how everything seems to come at once, isn't it?  :-)

Speaking of many things happening at the same time, we are celebrating 4 family birthdays this month.  So I took some time this week to make a birthday card for my mom.  And I'm SO EXCITED about it because I used some paper flowers that Stephanie from Always Crafting and Whimsical Wednesday made for me!!  I won an i-Rock in a giveaway on Stephanie's blog a few months ago and she was SO kind to also send a package of her beautiful handmade paper flowers and stick pins....aren't the flowers pretty??  I've been saving them for a special project and none could be more perfect than a card for my mom.  She LOVES flowers and gardening and she'll appreciate Stephanie's paper ones more than anyone I know!  :-)  I can't wait to give her this card!!

The card base is from Birthday Bash and the girl pushing the wheelbarrow is from A Child's Year.  I cut 3 circles and popped up the top 2 circle layers for some depth.  The patterned paper is from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack, which I've haven't used in quite a while, but the colors were just right for coordinating with the paper flowers.  A bit of glitter on the girl's hair ribbon and a glittery green ribbon for the top of the card...and that just about does it!  :-)  Oops, almost forgot, I stamped Happy Birthday on a tag I made from an image on A Child's Year and attached it to the inside of the card.  What do you think?


Recipe
Girl with wheelbarrow; tag for sentiment (inside card) - Cricut A Child's Year
Scalloped circle card base - Cricut Birthday Bash
Circles - Cricut George & Basic Shapes
Glittered floral patterned paper - DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack
Pink, green textured cardstock - Bazzill
All other cardstock - Recollections
Paper flowers with pearls - a gift from a friend   :-)
Green Stickles on girl's hair ribbon
Green ribbon from JoAnn's
"Happy Birthday" clear stamp from Clearly Wordsworth
EK Success dimensionals
Chestnut roan Cat's Eye chalk ink for inking/doodling

I'm entering this card into seven challenges:
Cooking With Cricut: Challenge #25 - Cash in Your Stash - Create a project using something that's been in your stash for at least a year.  I've had the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack for 2 years and I think I may have used it once. 
Creative Cutter Room: Design Time Thursday - Hippity Hop - Create a project using 4 elements - glitter, a circle, the color yellow and some ribbon.
Die Cuttin' Divas: Challenge #10 - Time to Mix It Up! - Make a card using 2 different cuts from 2 different cartridges/dies.
FCCB: Spring Fling Cricut Crawl - Make a Cricut project that is springy and uses the colors pink, green and yellow.
My Craft Spot: Monday Challenge #3 - Happy Birthday with a Twist - Make a birthday project and include a tag.
The Paper Variety: Flowers - Add a flower or a bunch to your paper project.
Whimsical Wednesday: Challenge #2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers - Create a spring project which includes an umbrella, rain boots, flowers and/or rain drops.

Enjoy the weekend!
~Sharon C.

22 comments:

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

GiGi said...

Sp pretty. I love the flowers with the pearl centers. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Theresa said...

great card! love the style of it! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety.

Sonya said...

Awesome card---hey, your mail arrived at my house today!!

Kate said...

This is so pretty! Those flowers are gorgeous! Your week sounds like mine two weeks ago. It seemed that everything came at the same time!! It's fun to be busy though - and I'm glad you made it through!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness...how cute is this? I love all those soft, sweet colors and the shape is wonderful...lovely card!

Kim H said...

Oh this is so pretty! I LOVE the shape, the cplors, the cuts and those flowers! I also loved the story ~ very sweet! I am sure your Mom is going to LOVE this card! Stephanie is going to love that you used her flowers... they are GORGEOUS! Thank You for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Cindy Beland said...

You did a wonderful job on your card!I LOVE the beautiful flower,Super job!! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :)

Unknown said...

OMG, I am beside myself! Love that you used my flowers on your card, how sweet. The card is beautiful and love the little girl with the wheel barrel. I really need to get that cart. Your post always has something that makes me laugh! The thing about the bon bons made me LOL. I hope you are having a great weekend. Thank you for joining the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. :)

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello~ wow this is a lovely card. I just adore the shape & the image you used. That flower is super sweet & brings such a springy, feminine feel to the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

flowerdisco said...

i love the scalloped shape cards. your is a cutie and you are right...those flowers are really pretty. i like gardening too. i find it so relaxing :)

how was your niece's play? i hope they had a blast.

take care!

Dana said...

Really cute. Love the shaped card. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Lisa Norris said...

So cute...love the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Yara said...

Love all those small flowers! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!

Jean said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Larelyn said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous. Your mom should love it. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
Hugs,

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Anonymous said...

very nice card! I love the shape of it, it's simple yet very elegant! Good luck from WW design team!

Zeni
www.scrappyzeni.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Pretty card, Sharon! Your mom will love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful design. Love the flowers. :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is gorgeous! I'm sure your Mom will love this and those beautiful flowers on it! I know what you mean about everything seems to happen at once! I was about ready to throw my hands in the air and give up, but then my kiddos brought me a pile of flowers today and it made it all worth it! They picked the entire flower bed but oh well, they'll grow again next year! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation!