Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Winter Bunny Shaped Card - "Pure and Simple"

This week's challenge at the CropStop Challenge Blog is called "Pure and Simple".  The challenge is to use only white or off-white with either black or brown only for stamping.  Yikes!  I love color and I've never made a card using just white.  So I pondered this for a day or so and finally came up with an idea (it came to me in the shower...ideas often do...this is strange, isn't it?).  Since winter and snow have been on my mind lately (my house is buried in white stuff!), I thought a winter white bunny might be appropriate...so here he is.



The bunny is from the Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge, a real gem.  So many pretty images on this one.  I welded two of the bunny's shadows together with my Gypsy to form the shaped card.  Another shadow layer cut in gemstone cardstock (can you see the sheen?) was placed on top.  Then the head/ears and leg layers were cut, embossed and popped up on top of that.  It was certainly simple....I spent much more time thinking about this card than I did making it!  "Warm Wishes" is stamped inside....I could use many of these!!

Recipe
Bunny from Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge
Top layers embossed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls folder
Recollections off-white gemstone cardstock
White Recollections cardstock
"Warm Wishes" stamp from Inkadinkadoo
Brad from my stash
EK Success dimensionals to pop up layers

I'm also entering this card into this week's  Challenge Me Monday #47 at Fantabulous Cricut: Weather Forecast - make a project featuring your favorite seasonal weather.  I've been complaining incessantly about the weather lately because this winter has been unusually difficult.  I acually love the winter...watching the snow fall (in small doses!), ice skating, sledding, building snowmen with my kids, watching them get rosy cheeks, drinking hot cocoa and snuggling together under a warm blanket...just can't beat it!  :-)

Enjoy the day!
~Sharon C.

 

23 comments:

Katie said...

what a lovely card! i just love the bunny shape! Thank you for joining us for our challenge this week at Crop Stop!

Sonya said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Sometimes less is more!!

Jillian said...

I am a believer in the power of the shower!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, truly! I LOVE shaped cards!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. MY twins are 7 now too!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a lovely, lovely card! I just love everything about this...it's so peaceful and sweet...wonderful!
Tanya

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Awww! So sweet! Love the embossing!

Vicki said...

This is adorable!!! Thanks for playing our CropStop Challenge!!

Saundra said...

How pretty! Thanks for joining in the fun at FCCB!

Jean said...

Love your bunny. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Adrian said...

this is so beautiful! Awesome job:)

Liz said...

WOW!! This is awesome! So many things to learn, so little time.
www.whatthechirp.blogspot.com

Lynn's Place said...

Guess your just hopping along with this one...so, so cute...tfs

Besthobbyeva said...

This is absolutely adorable. Perfect on the embossing. I just love it!! I do some of my best thinking in the shower!!!

Michelle Pearson said...

this is so sweet! Thanks for entering the Crop Stop Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love the card:)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the nice words:)

Christine said...

gorgeous card, so simple and effective x

KyleCMC said...

LOVE this! What a wonderful card to make for easter... leave the bunny white and add a colorful bow... sweet!!

Unknown said...

Sharon, first of all this card is just darling. I think you were very very creative in coming up with this. No I don't think it is strange that you come up with great ideas in the shower...I know of stranger places LOL. I am sooooo super happy that you loved all the goodies that I sent you. I know it took a while but I could not just send you the i-rock. You have been unbelievably sweet to me, and supportive of my blog and my creativity. It means so much to me and I wanted to send you something of appreciation:)!!! Girl, use the flowers and pins. I will MOST definetly send you more down the road.

Big Hugs to you!
Stephanie

Dalis said...

flippin' fabulous!!!!! omg sharon this rocks!!!!! wow!!!!! I want to make one!

thanks for playing with us at Cropstop's challenge.
-- dalis

CarrieAnne said...

This is fantastic!!! Just amazing.

Kate said...

What a sweet bunny! The touch of embossing looks fantastic!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

Helen said...

Wow--this is a great card! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)