I've had a chance to continue working on Valentine's Day cards for my kids. My 7 yr-old son ADORES Winnie the Pooh. My brother gave Daniel a big ol' stuffed Pooh for his 2nd birthday and Pooh has pretty much become the 7th family member in our house. He frequently joins us at the breakfast table, has to wear a seat belt in the car and somehow flew with us from Boston to DisneyWorld a few years ago. And Pooh is not small....here he is with my Daniel at age 2...and again last winter at age 6...inseparable!
So it only took me a second to figure out what I'd make for Daniel for Valentine's Day...here it is. :-) The red cardstock is very shimmery...perfect for the larger heart. And the yellow layer of the smaller heart is a felt heart I found in a package at our local dollar store. The color was a perfect match to Pooh. I used Glossy Accents on the honey...looks gooey, doesn't it? The inside is stamped "Happy Valentine's Day".
Recipe
Pooh and honey pot - Disney Pooh & Friends
Scalloped hearts - Gypsy Wanderings; welded to form shaped card with my Gypsy
Smaller hearts - George & Basic Shapes
Cardstock - Recollections
Glossy Accents on the honey
Yellow felt heart - dollar store
EK Success dimensionals
Black, red Creative Memories markers for doodling/stitching
Sentiment printed on computer
Cardstock - Recollections
Glossy Accents on the honey
Yellow felt heart - dollar store
EK Success dimensionals
Black, red Creative Memories markers for doodling/stitching
Sentiment printed on computer
I'm entering this card into four challenges:
Cricut Cardz Challenge #59 - Make a Valentine's Day card for a child, using any cartridges or colors.
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #44 - Neglected Cartridge - Make a project using a Cricut cartridge you haven't used in over 6 months. I've never used Pooh & Friends before!!
Scrapaholic by Abby: SEI Challenge with Abby #2 - All About Love!! - Any project, just make sure the theme is love.
Scrappy Moms Stamps: Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Sweethearts!! - Any project that uses a cut from the Cricut Sweethearts cartridge - or a similar cut. Well, I don't have Sweethearts, but I noticed that it has a fantastic scalloped heart on it. I used a similar scalloped heart from Gypsy Wanderings for my card.
Have a great weekend - and stay warm!
~Sharon C.


20 comments:
Such a cute card and a darling little man!! Great job!
That is some crazy snow! Super cute Pooh card!
I still have the pooh my Mom gave me when I was born!( I'll be 30 something-ish in a few days!)
Very cute and loved reading about Pooh!
just too cute! I love the pic of him when pooh is almost as big as he is! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)
Ahhhh, Pooh is a winner everytime. Thanks for joinng us at FCCB
Oh my what an awesome card and such a cute little man you have there! Boston may even go down being the second snowiest in history. A few more inches tonight. Good luck to us!
Tooo Cute! I remember when Pooh was my son's favorite! Thanks for playing along with us this week at cricut Cardz Challenge! See ya next week! Anita
What a cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.
Oh how sweet!! The nursery for both my girls was done in Winnie the Pooh - he is just sooo cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)
That is sooo cute! I just love it!
♥Tammy
I just love this, I haven't used my pooh cart in a little while, now seeing this just makes me want to make something with it!! Thanks so much for joining with CCC.
AWE what cute little kids that pooh looks loved :)
great card also...who dosen't love pooh?!!!
Awesome job!! Super cute Pooh:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!
SOooo cute!!! Thanks for entering the challenge!
This is such a cute card, and your little guy is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.
Sweet, sweet card and I love those pics with Pooh! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :O)
Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB! :)
What a precious card.
Thanks for playing along @ CCC.
Hey congrats on the win. I saw over on Fantab Cricut you won! Such a cute card!!!
So cute. I love pooh too. Great job and nice card. Thanks for sharing. ((Thats alot of snow we have about that much now to. ))
Post a Comment